With a spring of new websites coming up, there has been a sudden growth in the number of web designers available for the purpose of designing new websites. This growth has also resulted in the emergence of web designers who are not professionally qualified for the job. Thus it is important to interview a person before he starts off to work for you. There are some important things which you need to keep in mind before hiring a web designer:
· First of all, make sure that he writes all the HTML codes manually.
· The second thing to be made sure is that he should optimize for search-engines by creating meta-tags.
· Fourthly, he should have the ability to create things like forms in addition to other interactive content.
· Fifthly, he should have a cultivated habit of working with websites in a secured server environment.
Make sure that your web designer has all these qualities. It doesn’t really matter whether or not you need these things in your website, but it certainly makes sure that the designer you have hired is competent enough. If he isn’t competent enough, then he might not be the right one for your website project.
The next thing you can do to test his skills is by asking him questions about the programs he used to create. This test could be another helpful way of defining his professional skills. Although good websites can be created from cheap software as well, but some intelligent questions can help you determine the dexterity level of the designer:
· Ask him about whether he uses Microsoft FrontPage for creating websites. If not, then this answer could be a warning signal for you.
· Try to grasp his knowledge by asking him whether he works on plain text editors or the other ones. If he works on the plain one, then this could prove the fact that he writes all the codes manually, further proving his good understanding of the medium.
· Ask him about Adobe Dreamweaver. Owning it is a good sign but using it proficiently is a great sign. Owning this software doesn’t necessarily mean that he is a master in the program. Despite owning, it could be possible that he does not know how to exploit this program to the fullest. This expensive program requires a great dexterity level to operate it well.
Another thing to keep in mind is that don’t worry too much about what software he is using. It is just an indicator as to what they use for web designing purposes.
· Ask them about what will they do to optimize the site for SEO purpose. If they answer you that meta-tags are responsible for optimization, then it is almost sure that they aren’t knowledgeable about this thing at all.
· Make sure to ask him questions about copyright. If he wishes to retain a copyright, never ever hire him. The website belongs to you; under no circumstance should anyone interfere.
· Finally, don’t forget to ask him about the cost of building the website as well as the expenses to update the site later on. It is very important to keep the cost within your budget.
With all these easy tips, you can certainly hire the best web designer to create your website.